Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kids and a Broken Pot


(Photo found at olx.)
I saw this photo while getting my hair washed at the salon. It captured my attention, but not in a good way.

The kids expressions are mad and scared. This bothered me. Like a "crazy lady" I even mentioned this to the lady washing my hair. (She probably thought, oh no, not one of those...)

Anyway, I kept glancing over at it-this is not good with a head full of soap. Nothing is resolved in this picture. The children are still upset. Now the artistic craft involved I can appreciate. Just not the subject matter...

What about you, would you hang this in your house?

"Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him." Psalm 103:13

When I do a wrong, and get mad or scared, do I admit my wrongdoing and take what's a'coming to me? This verse says God has compassion/mercy on us. He may discipline, but He picks up the broken pot and soothes our hearts and brings back our smiles.

Please kids, smile!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Karen, I love this post! I LOVE that you notice your surroundings enough to be bothered by the picture (so few people do) and I LOVE the reminder of God's love and forgiveness. Thanks for helping me start my Saturday well! Have a great weekend!

Kathy Cassel said...

Why would anyone want that hanging on their wall? Ugh. Give me a nice sunset or a Norman Rockwell or something.

Diane said...

This is something that I work at constantly with my kids. Don't get mad or ignore it, just apologize and lets move on. Great post and picture. I may hang it as a reminder here at my casa... :O)

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

It does capture a moment -- but I'd like to see the next moment, I think, instead. (A reminder of compassion)

Parsley said...

Nope, couldn't hang that one but who am I to talk? I have next to nothing on my walls.

I know I need to be corrected often by my Lord. At least he molds me one step at a time rather than toss this old clay away and give up on me.

Karen said...

Sara, God is so good to forgive us, isn't He?

Kathy, I'm with you there.

Diane, well, since you put it that way--to have it as a reminder...A constant teaching lesson for all of us.

Laura, me too.

Parsley, yes, we are a work in progress, even if we break. :)

Kathryn Magendie said...

oh the story that would come out of this painting/print ....

I'd give them a happy ending....they are removed from that place - and go to live with their Aunt Kat, who teaches them things about the mountains, and they run in the creek and laugh and eat ice cream and ....*smiling*

Johnnie Alexander said...

Karen, you may not have liked the picture, but look at the how inspirational it is -- sparking spiritual lessons and our imaginations. Kathryn has a children's story in the making!

Clella said...

NO but I think your mind is a wonderful piece of work. I love the way you react and share! Keep writing that book. Love you Clella

Karen said...

Kathryn, okay, you go for that story, and I'll be sure and remember, Aunt Kat and her fun mountain home! :)

Johnnie, yes, Kathryn can do that. You ought to check out her blog.

Clella, lol...my mind is a piece of work....love it. You are too cute!

Janna Leadbetter said...

Karen, I've never thought about the need for paintings to have resolution. But I think in that case, it would bother me, too.

I also love that you're so aware of those things around you. We catch so much more that way, and feel life a little more richly, I think.

Samira said...

If your luxury sports car lover.Visit https://porschesportscar.car.blog/