Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another Thanksgiving Bird

I'm thankful.

"Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds." Matthew 6:26 (MSG)

What's the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail--even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries." Luke 12:6-7 (MSG)

Both scriptures were spoken by Jesus, the Son of God. That He knows each bird and my "hair count" flabbergasts my mind.

How else can I be but thankful?

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving week.

Photos:karenevans

12 comments:

IanH said...

And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! We celebrated earlier in the year as our harvests are long gone and buried under the snow. A little practicality?

Diane said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Karen! :O)

Hilary said...

I wish a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and yours, Karen. Enjoy!

Parsley said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen! God bless.

Anonymous said...

Karen, Thank you for the reminder about how much God cares for us :-)

I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving Day

~Ron

alicia said...

Happy Thankgiving, Karen! I love those verses.

Dave said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too Karen - Dave

Karen said...

Thanks dear "bloggie" friends!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awwww! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Dave said...

Hope you had a good one Karen? I love the birds, specially the sparrows. They are quite cheeky around me sometimes out in the garden! - Dave

Julie Gillies said...

You always have the cutest pictures, Karen. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving...our family sure did!

And for the record, God's hair-count flabbergasts my mind, too. :)

Melinda said...

I love those verses, Karen. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!