Thursday, June 16, 2011

How Come?

How come, a chipmunk can stuff its cheeks and we say, "Awww, isn't that the cutest thing," but when I do it...?
Or this little one with his cute birdie mohawk, how come his hair-do stays in place, naturally. (And I've seen "some" folk who attend the Tampa Ray baseball games, work hard to achieve the Ray-hawk.)
How come this duck with his lovely feather make-up can swim and all his colors stay the same? But when I get into the water, my mascara turns into a  drunk raccoon. (I know they have waterproof, but my eyes are sensitive to it.)
And how come this giraffe, has the most gorgeous bedroom eyes and long eye lashes? Mine are light and invisible. But, thanks for mascara, even the runny kind.

Did God make these creatures to make me jealous?

"Therefore, if any man in is Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

God gave his creatures all kinds of beauty and variety. He chose instead, to give those who believe in Him "soul-beauty." All right, splash my runny mascara, but give my soul a "new thing."

photo:karenrevans

15 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Love it : )

Jean Wise said...

This is just great and made me smile. Life is not fair, is it, Karen?? whine, whine, whine.....

Mining for Diamonds said...

I never thought of it like that! Great way to think of how we ought to be grateful for the beauty that God has given us!

Look at that sweet giraffe...awww, that's my favorite animal. They are the sweetest, gentlest, and most gracefully elegant creatures. So long and sleek...love them!

Johnnie Alexander said...

Only you! Love this post*

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I've always coveted those giraffe eyelashes...

You definitely have soul beauty, Karen!

Clella said...

Oh Karen,,,how do you think of these things? I love this one. You have so much talent and this blessed me tonight. I sort of like that little chipmunk. :-) Clella

Anonymous said...

What a delightful series - made me giggle.

Stephanie Faris said...

Hahaha. Well, there's consolation in the fact that they don't have thumbs. And they likely will never get to experience CHOCOLATE!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That was funny! I love God's creation and all His cute little critters except spiders and bugs :-(

Diane said...

Great thoughts to ponder! How come all those things, but regardless, I'm glad God made me..... me. :O)

Karen said...

Kathy, thanks.

Jeanie, yes, we need some cheese with that whine....

Kimberly, I think giraffes are lovely, too. This one would eat right out of your hand.

Johnnie, Ha!

Laura, gosh....as I bat my invisible eye lashes.

Clella, my mind wanders a different road. I like the chipmunk, too. He was so cute.

Lady Fi, I'm glad it brought you a smile. Where would we be without laughter?

Oooo, Stephanie, I never thought of that-good point!

Ron, I don't like those kind of critters either.

Diane, He does have to remind me of that fact. Thanks.

Dave said...

Cute photos Karen. Um, you better not stuff your cheeks. You may have those sultry eyes though, maybe :-) like the giraffe ? - Dave

Jeanette Levellie said...

I love your photos, Karen. You've a myriad of talents, girl!

BTW, raccoons are my favorite animal! So there.

Karen said...

Dave, ha, you are funny!

Thanks Jeanette. Hmmm, racoons.

Connie Arnold said...

Interesting thoughts, Karen. Love the photos and your comments!