Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm a Rebel T2i

Oh, that's the name of my camera. I love it! The pictures I've taken before today were on the Automatic side ONLY. Even reading the book I couldn't understand it. (No wise-cracks here, ok?) So I went to a local camera shop for a bit of one-on-one.

And I must say, my camera is too smart for me. Whew. I took one lesson. She helped me reset the camera, gave me a few pointers and homework. My teacher knew when my eyes glazed, it was time to stop.

My first assignment was to use the single spot focus (AF), to focus on only one thing and move the camera to widen the view and it keeps the focused spot clear.
As you can see the trees stand out, and the water is unfocused. This smarty-pants camera has a bunch of other focus-hocus pocus I've yet to learn. But I'm learning. (I might share more if I get good grades.)

"In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world." John 17:18 (MS)

Single focus is great for cameras, but may I not get so single-minded I don't notice the big picture around me. Jesus widen my lens.

photos:karenrevans

11 comments:

Jean Wise said...

Good illustration Karen. Keep giving us photo tips too.

Anonymous said...

You'll get used to the new camera - it's going to be a lot of fun!

Kathy Cassel said...

I have never used the manual part of my camera. Funny because it high school that's all I used and I understood it. Think my comprehension skills have deteriorated with age : (

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, good for you! I do ike the 2nd photo very much.

You are brilliant at illustrations!

Tracey said...

I want to move up to a nice camera like that someday, however I am afraid I would never be able to even come close to learning all of it's capabilities.
I am impressed with your picture. Keep it up!

Dave said...

I agree with Jean. Good photo, and keep teaching us, please? - Dave

Parsley said...

Good for you! I can't figure out my hubs new camera. ugh

Karen said...

Oh, Jeanie, I'm such a novice with a fancy camera. :P

Lady Fi, yes it is lots of fun. Just imagine when I learn how!

Kathy, oh, you should cultivate that again. I'm having such a good time.

Jeanette, thanks.

Tracey, Ha, yes you could. If I can anyone can!

Dave, thanks. But do you REALLY want me teaching you? I'll pass on other stuff, if my pics turn out well.

Parsley, it's a challenge, but when I learn/figure out something new, it's great. You should try.

Libbie said...

I doooo love my Rebel :) It is about the only rebelious thing about me :) But that 's good right :)

I pray for focus & with staying power...I am a refocuser...but yes, wide focus would be great!

Jennie Allen said...

Ha! I have so wanted to take a class for mine- but now I jsut use my iphone which is worse- Jesus widen my lens even more!

Anonymous said...

Great Photos!

No one ever reads the instructions... do they?


God bless and have a wonderful weekend :-)

*The Old Geezer Blog