Thursday, December 29, 2011

My New Truck Stopper



This is my new truck stopper! Okay, okay, I know it called a hitch cover, but honestly would that have captured your attention as much as "truck stopper?"  Makes me think if I unplug the stopper the truck will just leak out, as a deflated balloon. I've enlarged it below.
It's a Marine hitch in honor of my son's service.

They had ones for sports teams, colleges and such. But I got to thinking. Why can't we make some that can be easily rotated? Trucks with some bling? You know, something that would fit any mood. Say like, holiday ones, pet ones, personal interest ones, chocolate or coffee ones...oh my the list could be endless. Even crystal ones band/music ones, scriptures...

Well someone come up with something that slides in and out easily but others can't rip off and make millions. Onward to Etsy.
This is a photoshop idea for those who like the 70's. Teehee...
But of course it's only the outside decoration. Doesn't have anything to do with the ability or the power of the truck. And the truck won't fall apart if I take out the "stopper."

"By his Son, God created the world in the beginning, and it will belong to the Son at the end. This Son perfectly mirrors God, and is stamped with God's nature. He holds everything together by what he says-powerful words!" Hebrews 1:2-3

There are so many times You Lord, hold my "stopper" in to keep me from falling apart. Thank you Father that by Your words the world works and will continue until the end.

Photos:karenrevans

7 comments:

IanH said...

Sorry but your pictures did not come through.

Diane said...

Love the pictures! Hugs and have a great week! :O)

Anonymous said...

I like that flower power stopper!

Parsley said...

I see the pics no problem. Hehe..truck stopper. hahaha

Auntie Cake said...

Likin' the bling on your truck! Someone stole my little stopper, which was not at all cool but rather boring. Maybe I need that flowered one. For some reason I am thinking that it was a male that stole my little stopper. Cuz, do females really check out all the different stoppers in parking lots? I heard a resounding no on that one. Maybe the flowered one perhaps. I think it would then be safe.

Npow that I have left a completely rambling comment for which you might be left thinking, "Has she gone and lost it?" I will leave you with a, hope you are having a wonderful start to the year 2012!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Love that! If I were behind, I'd smile, or salute!

Hoping your holidays were bright.

Karen said...

Thanks ya'll!

Kate you are too cute. I bet if trucks had bling us ladies would be checking them out. :P

Ya'll have a Happy New Year!