Monday, August 13, 2012

No Sign Here!


Okay, here is a gator I did walk up close to. (See post below and comments.) I'm about 4 feet from this young one. I felt safe behind my camera with the zoom lens on. Ha. This is Lake Tarpon, FL where boating, fishing and swimming is allowed.  Yeah, for real!


But thank goodness, he decided to swim away from me. It must've been my threatening presence. Bwuaahaaa.



Wonder if this is his mom or dad I saw from a bridge a few feet away? If I don't see signs to warn me of danger, shouldn't I at least use a bit of common sense? Hmmmmm?

"Wise men store up knowledge." Proverbs 10:14

Father, when You teach me wisdom may I cover my ears and mouth to prevent leakage, and store it for future use.

Photos:karenrevans





8 comments:

Parsley said...

It may be smaller but it's still a gator. eek. :)

Karyn said...

Eeesh...of course I pulled Pa over to take a gander and then exclaimed, "Well Thank Goodness it's not a snake!"
Thanks for the reminder, as I seem to suffer from constant leakage of God's wisdom :)
Hugs
Ma

Jean Wise said...

People can swim in that water? wow. scared me....

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Lovely post - so glad the croc decided to go back into the water.

Johnnie Alexander said...

Karen, we saw a gator in the pond behind our house Wednesday. Jill joked that she ran from a wasp in the garage, but when she saw the gator, she ran out to the yard to get a better look.

Hilary said...

Wonderful photos, Karen. What a cool sight to see.

Karen said...

Funny about gators, they scare but draw me to them. Amazing, surviving creatures God made. :)

Dave said...

I hope these pics were taken with a real close-up lens as I wouldn't like you to be so close to this one Karen! - Dave