Monday, January 21, 2013

Little Teasers


I'm gonna call this one little squirrel, "Come-on-big-boy." He is always teasing my dog, Major.

"COBB" seems to know when it's time for Major to go out to do his, well, ummm, business. So Cobb and his buddies decide to scamper up and down our trees which go completely around our back yard and into the neighbors. Then Major forgets what he was let out for...sigh.... That squirrel also knows just how low he can go before Major reaches him. Then Cobb sits and stares, or eats another acorn, dropping the shells which makes Major even more excited. I can tell it's the same squirrel because of his face markings.

Now I love squirrels and all, but it's not always convenient for me to chase my dog around right before work, or when I need to leave.

I seem to have Cobbs in my life too, beckoning me to do things other than what I know I need to do. Sometimes throwing just an idea in my head distracts me. It might be as easy as a load of wash that beckons, irritating me. Am I alone?

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways." Psalm 139:1-3

The Lord knows just what will distract me, yet He waits with watch-care over me, until I realize what I should be doing instead. Then He leads me back onto the way. Thank you, Father.
 


4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I think we all have COBBs in our lives! Mine is sometimes that little voice saying, "What makes you think you can write"!!

Jean Wise said...

another great illustration. COBB what a wonderful line!

Anonymous said...

Poor Major! What a lovely dog.

Parsley said...

I don't know how I missed this post! He's a beauty! I would like to adopt another Golden someday. Any hints?

Hey...why don't you try stitching! It would be fun! I started blogging and coaxed into stitching. Maybe you too.