Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm leaving on a....

When you read this post I will be at the Florida Christian Writers Conference with these wonderful ladies, the Kindred Heart Writers.



I was so pushed for time, uh, I think the word is procrastination, that I my WIP (work in progress) was not progressing. I wrote a carefully crafted email to my freinds.....well can you say, whinning....that I may not be ready to hand anything in for editors to "look see."



Their kind hearts, forgave my delinquency and said to just go and learn, listen and enjoy. I breathed a sigh of relief, feeling much better. That day after work, it dawned on me why my WIP was out of sync. I rewrote, and now I have something to submit. YEAH.



"The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you." Psalms 116:6-7



Why is it when I struggle so, and then finally give up and rest a while, things become clearer? Is it my frustration that clouds my vision, or is it I want to do things my way? Probably both. When will I learn to work and rest?



Do you find that in your life?



Here's hoping an editor likes my vision.

8 comments:

Jean Wise said...

great lesson for all of us, Karen. A beautiful group of women too!!

Parsley said...

Yep, I can relate.

I got my Florida surprise yesterday. How FUN! Thank you so much for the tumblers.

Oh...and now I have to write a book on a dog and a sick boy thanks to your challenge. So...how does one get the attention of a publisher? LOL

Libbie said...

Tat sounds like so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! Relax & enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I pray it is a time of refreshing, fun and many new ideas will be popping into your story and mind. Hugs :O)

Auntie Cake said...

I am finding that I am more about the resting instead of the working about now! UUGGHH! Gotta get to that laundry...

Have a great time at the conference. Will pray that all goes well and that God is glorified!
Kate

Deb said...

Hope you enjoy the conference.

And I hope that you'll write about it too.

Blessings on your vision.

Sweet dreams.

Auntie Cake said...

Hi Karen,
Hope your conference is going well! Have a good weekend,
Kate

Karen said...

Thanks you all! I did have a great time. Will tell a little about it in my next post.

((hugs))