Saturday, March 27, 2010

One of These Things is Not Like the Other

Remember that little song? I saw this was in my back yard a few weeks ago when it was so cold. Can you see what it is? I didn't notice it until he moved when I almost stepped on him. Even then he would only jump a bit when I touched him. Yes, girlfriends, I can touch lizards, besides they eat all the yucky bugs I don't like.


Anyway, he stayed there long enough for me to go inside and get my camera. I bent down beside him and put my camera close, he didn't move. Then Major, my dog, came trotting over to see what was up. I had to almost push him into the bushes to keep him safe. The only thing I can think of, is that he was too cold to move or didn't want to leave the sunshine for the cool and safety of the shade.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalms 4:8

I can think of times in my life when circumstances or emotional baggage made me not want to move. Too cold to get on with daily, normal life, even when I knew it would be for my own good.

Then the large hand of God poked me to "get a jump on," and then carried me to safety.

Have you ever been there?

*I must thank Natasha for the lovely Sugar Doll award. Check out her neat blog.*

17 comments:

Parsley said...

I can touch lizards too if I mean to but if THEY touch me, I scream like a 2 year old!

Nice post.

Janean said...

wow! your photo also shows how God can protect us (camouflage us) from our enemies or harm. i had to enlarge it twice to see the lizard!

great post...

Jean Wise said...

Karen, what a great example. love the photo too. you captured a God moment I would say.

Jeanette Levellie said...

I honestly cannot see the lizard, Karen. I may have to enlarge it, too. He is well camoufluged!

I'm in one of those cool, dark places right now, where I want to hide from everyone. I think it's called "overload."

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Oh, Karen -- I love how you see Him in the ordinary. You always have your spirit eyes open.

Thanks for the reminder, friend. Good to know we can lie down and rest in Him.

Dave said...

Wow, that little feller was certainly well camoflaged. Cute too. Glad you don't mind them Karen. I like them too. - Dave

Hilary said...

That's a wonderful photo. I clicked to enlarge the photo before reading what it was that I was looking for. It took me a moment but the little guy made me smile. I like lizards and can handle most reptiles (except snakes) over most insects as long as they don't pee on me. ;)

Jeanette said...

I had to get a magnifying glass out but I found it. Thank you so much for the kind words about my precious Keelie. My heart is broken and your kindness has helped me through this difficult time.

Jeanette

Karen said...

Parsley, lol...

Janean, yes, God thinks of everything, doesn't He?

Jeanie, thank you, sweetie, I think I just see things in a strange way. :P

Diane, I wouldn't have seen him either, except he moved.

Jeanette, be careful of that overload. Maybe God gave you that camouflage right now for a reason.

Laura, oh, I like that, "spirit eyes." You are too sweet.

Dave, do the lizards help tend your garden? I don't have any veggies planted.

Hilary, yuk, about the pee. ;P

Jeanette, I'm glad you found him, I'm surprised I did when I went back outside. Bless you, still thinking about your sweetie.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I really had to look hard to see the little feller! :)

Yes, I've had times when I didn't want to get out of bed, just hide away from everyone and everything!

Analisa said...

Wow I had to enlarge it and then when he "appeared" I jumped. LOL

It makes me think of when God hides me in plain site. When the horrible results I should get...God hides me and I get a blessing instead.

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Good point. We do tend to get so bogged down we don't like to move. It's not comfortable!
I'm glad God comes along and get's us going again, even if it's a little hard at first. :)

Karen said...

Kathryn, I know exactly what you mean, especially when it's cold!

Analisa, oh, good point! Yes our God is so good. Lol about you jumping...sorry....

Emily, I'm terrible for being a "comfort-sitter." I could relate to this little guy. Sounds like your book signing was a success. Congrats!

Kindred Heart Writers said...

Karen,,,you keep doing it don't you? Sometimes I am late getting here, but am always blessed when I arrive. Love you Clella

Karen said...

Clella, you are such a sweetie!

Libbie said...

Sadly I used to have one when I was a kid as a pet because my mom wouldn't let us have a dog :) & I was determined to have a pet besides fish...I was scared to death of it but I pretended not to be & i would hold it for people when they came over, but I never really liked the thing :) What we do to get our way :) And as always I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you tie it to my daily walk with Christ. What a witness! Kepp it up Karen!!!

prashant said...

I love how you see Him in the ordinary. You always have your spirit eyes open.
data entry work from home