Wednesday, February 4, 2009

God's Provision


Welcome to my wacky, and maybe weird blog. I will try not to put you to sleep. I hope you will enjoy. I have no idea what will be written on this site, but it is here for the Lord's glory.


The Florida Christian Writers Conference is Feb. 26-Mar. 1. They offer a special mentoring track this year for fiction and non-fiction writers. It does cost extra but I am really interested to learn more about fiction.


I only wrote non-fiction, that is until my Kindred Heart Writer friends talked me into the National Novel Write Month (nanowrimo, for short.) For this contest you have a month to write about anything, but the word count must total or exceed 50,000. Yes, I said 50,000! --and they count the words. I tried my hand, or fingers at fiction, just letting my mind wander at will and it came up with a story. Writing without constraints was fun.


A dear friend who signed up early for the special mentoring track, encouraged me to try. Ah, but you see, finances. My husband and I thought I should first see if spots were still available. There were two. I took a deep breath and signed up.


The next week my boss, where I work part time, asked if I could work all day for a couple of days this month. Hey, there's the money for the class. The wisdom of men. Ha! The power of God.


Real life better than fiction,


Karen


1 comment:

Johnnie Alexander said...

I'm your first follower!!!!