Monday, March 30, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I truly believe the Lord has a sense of humor, and I'll tell you why. My weight is out of control. Let me list the verses that jumped out at me the last few days. Now, no laughing out loud, I can hear you.
"And the priest shall offer them up in smoke on the altar as food, and offering by fire for a soothing aroma: all fat is the LORD'S." Lev. 3:16
"And he shall remove all its fat from it and offer it up in smoke on the altar." Lev 4:19
"And the fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it. It shall not go out, but the priest shall burn wood on it every morning; and he shall lay out the burnt offering on it, and offer up in smoke the fat portions of the peace offerings on it. Fire shall be kept burning continually on the altar; it is not to go out." Lev. 6:12-13
See where I'm going with this? The Lord knows these extra pounds are not healthy, and He knows all the excuses I make. So He gave me this challenge, "offer it up in smoke on the altar." I have dieted many times and gain it back, so He added this, "the fire shall be kept burning continually on the altar, it is not to go out." To me that means a daily offering up of my will and burn up the fat. That means never going back to old habits. When I think of laying it on the altar before the Lord instead of on my plate, the visual image is much stronger.
To all who read this, hold me to this commitment. Now this is where you come in, where should I start? I want to change gradually, not do a complete drastic change, that I won't stick to. I desire to be pleasing to the Lord, and if it's my fat He wants, I will deliver.
Let me hear from you and ask me often.
Laying it on the altar,
No that's not me, but it's close. :)
Monday, March 16, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
It's a great book, addicting even, in a good way.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
- "It's your committment, not your success." Cec Murphey
- "Hook-Before you write a word determine the core of your message in one sentence, maybe two." Steven Lawson, Editor-Regal Books
- "I seek the story in everything." T Davis Bunn
- "Imagination-the courage to let go of the real in favor of the best." Dr. Calvin Miller
- "Sorta-psychic-relaying information that the viewpoint character couldn't possibly have seen, heard or known, unless of course they're psychic, a time traveler, or having "out-of-body" experiences." (Point of View problems) Tim Shoemaker
- "God has given you a combination of experiences, emotions, spiritual insight and relational sensitivity unlike any other person on the planet." Matt Anderson, DaySpring Cards
- "Work that up and send it to me." Steven Lawson on my book proposal.
Meeting with my writing buddies from different states blessed my soul and heart. They are encouragers and prodders for my timid heart. I thank God for them-the Kindred Heart Writers.
I loved meeting new friends and renewing old ones. Thanks Billie.
Check out the Daisey Chain book. It's good, addicting even.
Signing out with my head still spinning so full of information.