Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another Thanksgiving Bird

I'm thankful.

"Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds." Matthew 6:26 (MSG)

What's the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail--even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries." Luke 12:6-7 (MSG)

Both scriptures were spoken by Jesus, the Son of God. That He knows each bird and my "hair count" flabbergasts my mind.

How else can I be but thankful?

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving week.

Photos:karenevans

12 comments:

IanH said...

And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! We celebrated earlier in the year as our harvests are long gone and buried under the snow. A little practicality?

Diane said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Karen! :O)

Hilary said...

I wish a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and yours, Karen. Enjoy!

Parsley said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen! God bless.

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Karen, Thank you for the reminder about how much God cares for us :-)

I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving Day

~Ron

alicia said...

Happy Thankgiving, Karen! I love those verses.

Dave said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too Karen - Dave

Karen said...

Thanks dear "bloggie" friends!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awwww! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Dave said...

Hope you had a good one Karen? I love the birds, specially the sparrows. They are quite cheeky around me sometimes out in the garden! - Dave

Julie Gillies said...

You always have the cutest pictures, Karen. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving...our family sure did!

And for the record, God's hair-count flabbergasts my mind, too. :)

Melinda said...

I love those verses, Karen. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!