Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jump! Cleawater Marine Aquarium

We love watching the dolphin shows at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. I let kids stand in front of me, as any considerate adult should. :)

But because of my height, I don't always get clear pictures.
With each command this dolphin jumped higher and higher, and I was ready with my camera. The trainer built up the crowd for this final big jump. The crowd was into the performance and....
Yep, I got a picture all right. The girl in front of me was so excited, that she helped the dolphin with the hand signals just like the trainer. So my picture wasn't great, but you can still see how high he jumped. I couldn't get mad that she blocked my view, because she was just excited.

"You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16 (MS)
 
Lord, how often have I blocked others view of You with my actions or words? May You always jump higher than my mistakes so others can see You.

Photos:karenevans

13 comments:

Jean Wise said...

great lesson and great grace you showed to those younger than you. love your posts

Hilary said...

I sure understand the draw of shows like these, and the concept of kids having the opportunity to see these magnificent beasts when ordinarily they would not, so I have such mixed feelings about seeing these wonderful creatures performing tricks and living in small tanks when they belong in the ocean. Still, they bring enjoyment, and that's good.

Julie Gillies said...

Cool photos, Karen (as always!) and excellent application, too. I sure hope I don't block someone else...even unintentionally. Enjoyed this post!

Dave said...

A good series of action shots Karen. I could see the dolphin in your last photo so the girl's arm didn't detract too much - Dave

Kathy Cassel said...

Still waiting to see all these in a one-year daily devotion book : )

Stephanie Faris said...

My stepdaughter would love something like this. We're hoping to be able to take her to Sea World before she's too old to enjoy it!

Karen said...

Jeanie, I don't know that it was grace, but just being a "smidgen" taller than they were.

Hilary, I know what you mean, but this place only keeps the animals that can't survive on their own. The others they help and then let go.

Julie, thanks so much. I just had to keep that pic for something. :)

Dave I'm glad I caught a bit of the dolphin.

Kathy, I'm trying!...

Stephanie, I love that place. Even when you are "older" it's fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's typical! But what a cool pic - looks as if the dolphin is balancing on her hand...

alicia said...

Greaet photos and a great lesson!

Melinda said...

Love it, Karen. And in another way I don't. Very convicting! :)

Clella said...

Karen I just now got here. I love this application. I pray that I don't block anyone, but sometimes we can do it so unintentionally. Love to you clella

Connie Arnold said...

Love the photos and your wonderful life lesson, Karen. Thanks!

Karen said...

Ladyfi, thanks so much.

Alicia, God is always teaching me...sigh.... :)

Melinda, me too.

Clella, yes, that is another point. Unintentional.

Connie, thanks for your kind words.
Blessings**