Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wonder Worship

What do you think of when you hear worship? Me, I first think of a church or sanctuary time. I forget about other ways and times to worship. The Lord reminded me to slow down and look.



The other day Major, my dog, and I were playing in the backyard and he kept going back to sniff at something on the edge of the ferns. Curiosity won over my laziness and I went to look. This is what my dog found. I had already been outside a while, walked by it several times and still didn't notice anything.



To see this beautiful creation, I had to make a conscious effort to stop and kneel down and look. Major already knew this moth hung there. So did God. Those few moments became what I call a moment of "wonder worship"-- admired this creature and it's colors, and thanked God. (Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT fond of bugs, but butterflies, moths and dragon flies are okay.)



"For Thou, O Lord, hast made me glad by what Thou hast done, I will sing for joy at the works of Thy hands." Psalms 92:4



May I challenge each of you this week to stop and look around and maybe in the most common place to find a detail that brings you a moment of "wonder worship."


Please drop me a comment and let me know what you found. If you take a picture and it's posted on your blog, with your permission I would like to post them on my blog in two weeks so that we all may rejoice and share in our Father's handiwork. "Let the search begin!"


Waiting and Wandering and Wonder-ing.

photo by karen evans

7 comments:

Amy DeTrempe said...

Love the post and I needed that reminder. I do not slow down enough but I am going to be very conscious of it this week and maybe it will become a habit.

Jean Wise said...

You are so right. we get busy and neglect all of God's wonders surrounding us. Thanks for the reminder.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, Jean, you've done it again: reached into my soul and nourished me. Thank you! I will look this week, and do my best to be back...
Jen

Janna Leadbetter said...

Sometimes the beauty is so subtle, isn't it, but yet so blatant when you really look?

I accept your challenge. :)

Clella said...

Me too. You have such insight sometimes. I'm so glad you are my friend. Love Clella

Kathy C. said...

Right now our whole yard is flooded from constant rain : )

Karen said...

Amy-I need to make this a habit too.

Jean-I neglect, that's why this funny little moth made me stop and wonder.

Jeaneatte-Thank you for your kind words. Our Father created some great stuff!

Janna-I'll be waiting to see what triggers your worship. Let me know!

Clella-I'm so glad you're my friend, when you see something, be sure and tell me, I want to share.

Kathy-I'm sorry it's raining. But check out this next picture. Even in that there might be a wonder worship moment.

Blessings to all ya'll