Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dad!!!


This gorgeous bird is in the Lory area at Busch Gardens. You can walk in, buy food and feed the birds.

A dad next to us gave his daughter two cups, one for each hand. These birds landed first, then two more landed on her other hand. She started squealing, then...

One landed on her head and started picking at her hair. Now scared, she called out to her Dad. His response, "It's okay honey, I'm video taping it." The bird started picking out strands of hair.

The park attendant came up and said, "Oh, he likes you! Must be nesting!" and walked away. Yes, another male.

What is it? She was ready to bolt, but was listening to her Dad. He finally rescued her...sigh.

When life starts pecking all sides and then dumps down on your head, what do you do?

"God, listen to me shout, bend an ear to my prayer. When I'm far from anywhere, down to my last gasp, I call out, 'Guide me up High Rock Mountain!' You've always given me breathing room, a place to get away from it all. A lifetime to pass to your safe-house, and open invitation as your guest." Psalms 61:1-4 (MS)
We can call to our Heavenly Father, who not only is watching, but will rescue us.

photos:karenrevans

11 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

That's funny that he told her he was video taping. She might have been hoping for a little more help than that : )

Linda Hoye said...

What beautiful birds! I love how you connected the experience to scripture. There are lessons for us everywhere if we stay open to them.

Diane said...

The colors are truly unbelievable and only God could make such a perfect thing! :O)

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh, that reminds me when I watch "funniest videos" and sometimes the parent is taping the children doing things that I'm going "WHAT? I can't believe they are taping that!" but this one you saw made me laugh ... :-D

Hilary said...

What a beautiful species. Poor kidlet.. Dad wasn't much help but hopefully that recording will last much longer than her discomfort with birds.

Dave said...

Lovely birds Karen. I hope the young lady wasn't too perturbed - Dave

Jeanette Levellie said...

Funny but sad, that Dad and male helper both put tasks ahead of people. So glad God isn't the same way with us!

Julie Gillies said...

Oh my goodness, Karen, this was funny! (And great pics, too!) Was she flattered that those birds liked her so much?

Clella said...

karen, This post only proves more than ever how creative you are with words and camera combined. I can see the entire episode and loved you telling of it, but even more your connection to the Scripture and life. Keep doing this. Love Clella

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures!

Karen said...

Kathy, I thought the same thing.

Linda, thanks God speaks all the time, the problem is, do I listen?

Diane, I totally agree.

Katherine, I thought the SAME thing. :P

Hilary, she wasn't harmed, but it was funny-no mom around.

Dave, aren't they gorgeous? No, she was fine.

Jeanette, yes, but if she was really in trouble-they'd help, I'm sure.

Julie, I don't know if she was flattered, but I bet she won't have both hands full next time. :)

Clella thanks, you are so sweet-as always.

Ladyfi, yes, it had me laughing.