Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh No You Didn't!

I looked at the napkin the same way I looked at this African Bull Toad. Yucky!

Hubby and I were at a nice restaurant and it was busy as usual. Our waiter seemed a bit frazzled but attempted to be cordial. He placed beverage napkins on the table and went to get our drinks. Meanwhile, I didn't realize I had brushed my napkin on the floor, until I couldn't find it. Before I could reach down to retrieve the little thing, "Mr. Waiter" swooped in with efficiency and picked it up and put it on the table with my drink on top! UGH!

Am I alone, or do you put things from restaurant floors back on the table? I guess he thought he was helping. I picked it up with two fingers and hid it. I wanted to say, "Hey, what are you doing? No telling what's been on that floor." But I didn't. He still had our food to bring.

 "With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God." 2 Corinthians 7:1 (MS)

Father, may I put away, not just hide the things that don't bring You glory. I want a clean table/temple.

photo:karenrevans

5 comments:

Hilary said...

I understand your discomfort though it would have bothered me a lot more if it was the napkin I'd be using to wipe my mouth. The drink coaster/napkin wouldn't have irked me too much since there's no concern of it making its way into the food. I hope you enjoyed your meal in spite of it.

Anonymous said...

If it's only a napkin under a glass, then OK. But not the one I'm going to wipe my mouth with!

Anonymous said...

I am with you! I don't even like to put my purse on the floor. I have one of those table hooks to hold it. So you are not alone:0) Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day

Karen said...

Y'all are probably right. But with all the flu bug and stuff going around, I'm a bit paranoid.:)

Shelby, I've seen those purse hooks but I usually just hang it on my chair or in my lap. Happy Valentines day to you too!

Dave said...

That was a wise decision not to make an issue of the napkin pick-up while you were still waiting for your food to be served! Wow! What might he have done to your food?! - Dave