Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Sun Has Risen



Sunrise invigorates me--as long as I'm not too sleepy. Seeing the world become visible and light, jump starts my mind. (Along with my dog demanding to go out for his business.)

Why is the sky is most beautiful at sunrise and sunset? Colors strewn in the sky by God's hand, just for us.



And why is it that after the dead of winter, God declares new life to sprout.

(See the dead leaves and the new sprouts on my bougainvillea? I thought for sure it had bit the dust this cold winter.)



Could these be a foreshadow of the time when heaven and earth collided, suspended over a crude cross, waiting an eternity for the sunrise on the third day?

"At the crack of dawn on Sunday, the women came to the tomb carrying the burial spices they had prepared. They found the entrance stone rolled back from the tomb, so they walked in.

But once inside, they couldn't find the body of the Master Jesus....Then out of nowhere it seemed, two men, light cascading over them, stood there...said, 'Why are you looking the the Living One in a cemetery? He is not here, but raised up. Remember how he told you when you were still back in Galilee that he had to be handed over to sinners, be killed on a cross, and in three days rise up?'

Then they remembered." Luke 24:1-8



They remembered, especially Mary, Zachariah's prophecy before Jesus birth.


"Through the heartfelt mercies of our God, God's Sunrise will break in upon us, shining on those in the darkness, those sitting in the shadow of death, then showing us the way, one foot at a time, down the path of peace." Luke 1:78-79

May God's Sunrise shine in you all the way down to your soul.

Happy Easter.

Photos: karenevans

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful post, Karen. I am thankful for the reminder of His beauty, love, grace, and His new mercies (daily) when I behold the sun rising. Happy Easter to you, sweet friend.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Yes, a beautiful post. I love those verses in Luke.

Happy Resurrection Day to you and your family, and thanks for sharing your inspired musings with us!

Karen said...

Sara, I love that His mercies are new every morning. One of my favorite verses.

Laura, Have a Blessed Easter, you and your family.

Natasha in Oz said...

I love looking at the sky and clouds as a reminder of God's creations. This was a beautiful Easter post, Karen.

Blessings and best Easter wishes to you and your family,
Natasha.

Deb said...

Thank you for this blessing...I so need the Son to shine in me...on me...and through me today.

Blessings to you this beautiful Easter!

Sweet dreams.

Kindred Heart Writers said...

karen, As always your insight into the simple Christian faith is so strong. I praise God for you daily. Excellent post. Love Clella

Libbie said...

I never thought of Mary's trip to the empty tomb with a sunrise in the background! Now you have given me a new picture in my head :) Even more amazing than I imagined before :) Thanks Karen!

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Thank you, Karen. I hope you had a happy Easter! :D It's a beautiful day to really think about the gift we have been given.

Karen said...

Natasha, thank you, I loved your post, too.

Deb, yes, shine on me-everyday. Blessings.

Clella, you make me blush. You are too kind. Luv ya.

Libbie, I love learning new things about our faith, everyday. Glad you have a new "snapshot."

Emily, Amen and Amen.

Hilary said...

Lovely photos, Karen. That fire in the sky is a joy to see.

Johnnie Alexander said...

"Could these be a foreshadow of the time when heaven and earth collided, suspended over a crude cross, waiting an eternity for the sunrise on the third day?"

Wow! Excellent writing*

prashant said...

a beautiful post. I love those verses in Luke.
data entry work from home