Sunday, April 12, 2009

SUNrise over My Nation


“To give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the SUNrise from on high shall visit us, to shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” Luke 1:77-79

I stood three days ago in the darkest day since creation, and now dawns the most glorious morning. People cry with joy and run about absolutely shimmering with excitement. Can it be true? The tomb is empty? Yes, yes it is!

Those in power want to squelch the news. My nation is the same, but now life and light shine in my heart. Hope lives in the midst of my circumstances. Forgiveness and peace pierce the murkiness of my heart. I see and believe. I fear not what the future brings. He is ALIVE!

Praise be to God

1 comment:

Clella said...

Karen, This is beautiful. Thank you again for sharing your talent with words. You do it so well! Love to you Clella