Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year Buttons for ALL


Friday is the New Year, so I want to celebrate by giving blog awards. Jeanette, gave this one away to her readers, and I would like to do the same. If you are one of my readers and haven't been given this button, please take it and put it on your blog. We all seem to write to and for each other, and ya'll are an inspiration to me.




This next one, Parlsey gave out on the condition you say five things you love. Soooo, if you want this one, you must list those five things. I'll be watching!



Okay, here goes. Besides the most important and obvious, which are God, family, friends, health; I'm listing some minor ones that I love, in no particular order.

1. The smell of something sweet in the oven baking.

2. My dog laying his head on my lap. (He's a Golden, so only that fits..)

3. The salt-tinged air on the beach with a slight breeze in my hair. (We live about 5 miles from the beach.)

4. A new book waiting to be explored. And when good writing thoughts come to mind.

5. My gardenias in full bloom, and fresh cut grass. (Even tho' both make me sneeze...sigh...)

I could go on, but that would be boring. So what do you love? And that word may be loosely used. Wishing all,

Happy New Year!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

...one of the most simple pleasures of life that I hope never ceases to delight my heart is when my kids have bedhead. I'm crazy for kids' messy bedhead!

Happy New Year, Karen

Johnnie Alexander said...

Thanks for the awards, Karen. And for the gift of your friendship. Sara's comment makes me homesick for the days when my kids weren't as old nor as tall as they are now :)

Parsley said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Bina said...

Happy New Year to you, my friend :)

Many Hugs,
Bina

Karen said...

Sara, I had forgotten about that memory. Yes, and when they get up and still want to cuddle a bit. :)

Johnnie, I know what you mean! Luv ya.

Parsley and Bina, Happy New Year to you both, dear friends, and many blessings this new year.

Auntie Cake said...

Fun post getting to know you. And I adore the one about your son and his football helmet. When my son was 4, he insisted on wearing his dad's motorcycle helmet everywhere one winter. I can still picture him, all bundled up in his winter coat with this gigantic helmet, that weighed as much as he did. It even had a face-shield, so you couldn't see an inch of his head. Oh why didn't I think to take a picture???

Have a wonderful New Year, look forward to 2010 with you!
Kate

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Thanks, friend, for the awards, for putting the button for my new blog on yours (!), and for your friendship.

What blessings in the New Year!

Karen said...

Kate, awww, I wish you did have a picture of your son with his dad's helmet. Yes, I look forward to getting to know more about you this new year too. Blessings**

Laura, I'm glad to pass along awards and you deserve them!! Especially with your new blog and book coming out! ((hugs))

Deb said...

Congratulations on these blog awards!

I love God.

My family.

Writing a good post.

Organizing.

And decorating.

Hope that you have a joyful new year.

Sweet dreams.

Dave said...

To quote the song from Sound of Music, Karen - "...these are a few of my favourite things..." I like and admire people's talents and get moist eyes when I hear a talented singer or musician. - Dave

Karen said...

Deb, please take the awards for your blog. Then pass them along. :)

Dave, I love music, too. Thanks for stopping back by. Happy New Year!

Libbie said...

You live only 5 miles from the beach!!!! Oh I am so jealous! A good jealous but jealous!