Saturday, July 10, 2010

Disclaimer: Circumstances Not Responsible for Owners Attitude

Okay, dear friends. First I must say all your nice comments on the post below were so sweet and well appreciated!

BUT, I didn't start out with that attitude right away.

While water ran from the front panel and out the bottom and my heart beat with frustration, I didn't tell you how I fussed as I swept out the running water with my dust pan and broom with sweat dripping down my face and body in the hot garage. I didn't tell you how I complained to my poor dog that hubbie wasn't here to help, and that I would be taking cold showers.....

"So that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects." Colossians 1:10

Only when I took time to reason with myself and ask the Lord to help me-did this attitude occur.

I put my trust in Him who helps me sweep, because I want to please Him.

(I now have hot water. Yeah!)

(Oh, side note: here's that rascally rabbit again, having just eaten a tiny yellow flower off my plant.)

Photos: karenevans

11 comments:

Diane said...

My Aunt always had problems with deer coming and eating her tulips. She had so few and they always honed in on them in the worst of ways. :O)

Parsley said...

Oh...life's annoyances. Sorry about the troubles. You'll make it...and maybe cold shower will feel good if you're dealing with heat.

Keep it light and 'try' to smile. sigh

Janean said...

waskelly wabbit!!! now eating a flower...THAT makes me upset....until i see it go to its babies....argh! wabbits.

Jeanette said...

We always plant an extra patch for the deer and rabbits. Now to just get them to learn how to read. They still go after our stuff. And yes you are right, our pigs are spoiled rotten

Analisa said...

Remember that old song that goes.

Momma said there be days like this, days like this, my Momma said.

Yep, even so it takes us a moment to see the good. I appreciate your honesty. At least you were able to give thanks in reflection. :)

Karen said...

Diane, oh, I'm so glad we don't have deer. :) They'd probably chase my dog?

Parsley, love it, "cold shower, to deal with the heat." snicker....

Janean, yes, if you look down to an older post, you'll see their dirty work. sigh....

Jeanette, hey, if you figure out how to teach those wabbits to wead, let me know! :P

Analisa, oh, yes I do remember that song. Blessings**

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Karen,

Oh my goodness, no hot water during one of the hottest times of the year. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a gripe-fest...but you turned your attitude around fast. Yay!

And oh, that bunny! It's hard to be mad at them when they're so cotton-pickin' cute! LOL

Johnnie Alexander said...

Hey, Karen! I always love your photos; there's something artistic about them even when the subject is a hot water heater!

Libbie said...

Oh that rabbit!! He is as bad as my boys picking off the buds!!!

THose mid stream changes in adittude are so good aren't they! I love when I am able to change my path of feeling icky. I am trying to teach Annie how to do that but right now...I think she is better at it than me. I need a few lessons :) & She is happy to teach me :)

Jeanette Levellie said...

But at least you repented and turned your attitude inside out, Karen! That's commendable.

I like that wabbit. He's cute. But I'm sorry he had your flowers for lunch.

Karen said...

Julie, I know, I like bunnie, but not eating my flowers and nesting where my dog finds those itty babies.

Libbie, lol...I can imagine Annie "helping" you. So cute. Kids teach us alot about ourselves, don't they. :)

Jeanette, yes, I cater to all our bunny needs....sigh....