Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Pumpkin Time

I love pumpkins. I like to decorate with them, and eat pumpkin pie, cookies, lattes, cheesecakes, and anything else. I think it's because they are available only in the fall each year. They do make the holidays special.

But these are my most favorite "pumpkins!" And I love them more than those orange thingies.
My trip was marvelous! Plenty of hugs, laughter, games, and kisses. I think it's extra special since I only see them a couple of times a year. (Though I would love to see them often--forget the extra special.)

I'll not show you all my pictures at once. Smile....but you will see more of them! Be warned.

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven-- Ecclesiastes 3:1

I'm so glad the Lord planned this event for us.

Lord help me lovingly wait until the appointed time to see my family again.

How 'bout you? What are you waiting for?

Photos:karenevans

11 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Nice pictures. I couldn't find a pumpkin patch near us.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Picking out pumpkins is one of my favorite things to do this time of year!

Love those adorable pictures.
~ Wendy

Diane said...

Beautiful and wonderful time with the family. Love your heart! :O)

Stephanie Faris said...

Awwww! This is such an incredible time of year, from early October until late December, especially when kids are around!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Oh, those punkins! Love them.

I'm waiting for so much right now...but I'm still living every day, just excited about what He could do in our lives.

More pictures!

Karen said...

Kathy, oh, we have churches who hold fund raisers selling pumpkins here in So FL each year.

Wendy, thanks!

Diane, it was the greatest time. :)

Stephanie, kids do make the holidays more fun. Yes, they do!

Laura, you have a little punkin, too! :) I know your waiting will be well worth it!

Unknown said...

Those are sweet pumpkins, both the orange ones and the ones in jeans! I love pumpkin, too. Mostly I love pumpkin scented candles, but love a little slice of pie as long as it is loaded with LOTS of whipped cream!

Hilary said...

Love the photo of your little pumpkins. So sweet.

Rosaria Williams said...

Pumpkins and children, a great combo. Lovely pictures.

Dave said...

Sad Karen that you can only see your grandies infrequently. They look like lovely kiddies - Dave

Karen said...

Kelly, anything tastes better with whipped cream!

Hilary, thanks!

Lakeviewer, it was a marvelous combo.

Dave, they are the bestest!! Thanks.