Saturday, October 30, 2010

What Are We Doing?

While in Virginia, I did something for the first time. Can you guess from this picture?  Duh, huh?

My hubbie said, all this time he thought I was taking a picture of him, but I just wanted the half eaten apple. Ha, I thought it was funny. Yes, we went apple pickin'! The orchards are on Carter Mountain, the weather was beautiful, and the paths steep. I didn't know, well yes I did, how out of shape I was. My calves were barkin' at me!

 
These are the Pink Lady apples. We also picked Winsap and Fuji. The mountain, packed with people, apples and the beauty of the fall leaves made for a wonderful day. 

My heart filled with joyfulness at the beauty of God's creation. How great and good is He.
"How great is Thy goodness which Thou hast stored up for those who fear Thee." Psalm 31:19 (NAS)
"What a stack of blessing you have piled up for those who worship you." (Message)

Money can't buy the blessings He gives and continues to pile up for His children.

Thank you, Father.

Photos:karenevans

15 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Looks like fun!

Jeanette Levellie said...

What fun! Your grandkids are darling. I'm so happy for you, dear, and the blessings of God in your life.

Love
Jen

Hilary said...

I haven't gone apple picking since my kids were little. This brings back fond memories.

Linda Hoye said...

Beautiful photographs; beautiful family; beautiful day! Blessings indeed!

Karen said...

Kathy, it was!

Jeanette, thank you sweet friend.

Hilary, do you have orchards near you?

Lindy, thanks so much. Yes, blessed.

Clella said...

Karen, Just now got here ... Love these pictures and your posts are right on as usual. thanks

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Great pictures, and what a great memory!

Jean Wise said...

Creating family memories. and apple picking - all go hand in hand!!

Kathryn Magendie said...

What fun! cute cute photos of a great day!

Parsley said...

I have to admit....I'm a little jealous. I'd love to do this and pink lady apples are some of my DD favorites!

Take care dear friend. God bless.

Dave said...

Fresh apples - mmm! Looks like you had a good time Karen - Dave

alicia said...

Looks like you're having a great time! Enjoy!

Karen said...

Clella, and Laura, thanks, great meomories!!

Jeanie, so right, now every time I eat an apple I have a lovely memory too.

Kathyrn, thanks so much. I know you're enjoying your little cutie!

Parsley, this was my first with Pink Ladies. They are good.

Dave, and Alicia, yes I had my heart filled!

nick said...

Karen: If you're loaded up with apples, you might try this I found at Susi's - looks delicious, if you like apple cake:

http://susikochenundbacken.blogspot.com/2010/11/oma-ingrids-german-apple-cake.html

Karen said...

Yum, thanks Nick, I'll check that out!