Saturday, January 23, 2010

Driving home the other day after work and errands, I was tired. My hubbie was out of town and I still needed to walk the dog, supper and all that kind'a stuff.




My soul sighed, not depressed, just blah.




Then as I turned and headed west toward home, my eyes glanced from the road and upward.








And this is what I saw! My camera doesn't do justice to the bright and dark contrast, but my heart and soul did. I hurried on home to get this picture before the sun went down. And because my dog needed to walk, you should've seen me. Ha. Dog straining on his leash and this crazy woman holding a camera to the sky.




"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1

It looked as if God scooped up a handful of bright popcorn clouds and threw them across the western sky. My sighing soul sang with pleasure. Joy, right in front of me, or rather, above me. Oh, my soul, remember to look upward.

Thank you Lord, for Your amazing creation.


Is it too much to think God did that just for me?

10 comments:

Melinda said...

No, it's not too much to think that, Miss Karen ... He's kinda into doing stuff like that. ;0)

LOVE this post ... I don't take the time often enough to appreciate the evidence of God around me.

Your new design looks fabulous!! I love it, Karen. Really seems to fit your personality. ;00

Parsley said...

My daughter has been noticing our lovely clouds too. Something so peaceful about seeing THE artist that all others try to copy at work.

Amy DeTrempe said...

Great post. No, I don't think it is too much to think God did that just for you. I am sure he is the one the whispered to you to look up while you were driving.

Janna Leadbetter said...

I love when the sky (and God) offers up sights like that. Beautiful!

Thanks for contributing to our story. It's really turning into something neat! Have you been back to read lately?

Jean Wise said...

Karen you well know I am a cloud watcher. God touches us all day long and we often miss it. Your pictures do remind us to look up!

Dave said...

When I look up there is always something pleasant to see, usually consisting of unusual clouds but sometimes other things like birds, balloons, etc. - Dave.

Natasha in Oz said...

Hi Karen! Just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I am so happy to have found your inspiring blog and I am going to go and have a good look at your older posts.

So nice to "meet" you!

Best wishes, Natasha.

Karen said...

Melinda, thanks. I had help from my friends. I'm alway too afraid I'm gonna' mess something up! :)

Parsley, I love the clouds too. We have such variety and pretty ones here near the beach.

Amy, you know I think you're right. I was so intent on getting home to the next thing I needed to do.

Janna, I love God's creation. Yes, I have been back! That's awesome fun to write in your story. So neat! I must read the ending.

Jeanie, I thought of you and your WIP when I wrote this too. I actually thought, "oh Jeanie would love this sky," when I took the pic.

Dave, yes, the sky constantly changes, and I love to watch it.

Natasha, so nice that you stoped by and followed! Am excited to meet you, new friend.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Isn't it wonderful when a feast for the eyes can change your mood and perspective? :)

Karen said...

Yes, it is, Angie. I love nature. Thanks for stopping by, I read how busy you are!