Wednesday, January 13, 2010

From Grody to Gorgeous

Our old carpet was really grody. Yes, I'm sure that's a word and I'm gonn'a use it. The carpet had to be at least 15 years old. Between the first owners and us, that it had seen cats, numerous dogs, kids, food, drinks.... Okay, you get the picture, and no, I didn't even want a picture of it.




We decided to rip it up, not knowing what was underneath, but knew it was better than the "c." This picture shows some of the repair work needed before anything could be done.








Here you can see a couple of cracks. My dog just looked at it, not used to the different texture and smell.


We decided on tile, since most of family has allergies. Here a tile cracked and had to be replaced.

This is the finished project. No longer grody! It made the whole house feel brand new.

"Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away and behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Christ came to me as I was, all grody and yucky. I agreed with Him it was time to change my life, my heart and my mind. He ripped up all my old life and wrapped it around Him on the cross. My soul's condition was bare. The cracks, the holes, the chips. Jesus' sacrifice makes me new. He continues to repair the broken places I make. He covers them with tiles of His choosing. My soul will be totally gorgeous and complete when one day I see Him face to face.

I am grateful for my new floor and forever grateful for my new life in Christ.

Thank you for all the suggestions about my widget. I'm still looking into things. I like some the the templates on "the cutest blog on the block," so beware, no telling what I will come up with! :0

15 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

VEry nice.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Congratulations! Such an improvement. I like your analogy, Karen.

Parsley said...

Great analogy and wonderful upgrade! Tile floors here would be much easier to clean but so cold in the winter. I guess you can get away with it in your area...at least during most winters.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

We have a grody kitchen floor. Love the word. I feel this way when I renovate furniture. The old is gone...the new has come. I wonder how big God smiles when we first come to him?
~ Wendy

Anonymous said...

Love the tile! :O)

Janna Leadbetter said...

It looks great, Karen! And it just goes to show, if we're willing to do the work, we can be just as great.

Karen said...

Kathy, thanks so much.

Jeanette,thank you, I felt like God cleansed dirt out of my house, like He did my soul.

Parsley, yes, the tiles are cold right now, but usually our winters are not winters. And for the summers, it's sooo cooling.

Wendy, oh, what a lovely thought!! (I like that word, too.)

Diane, thanks so much. It's always a little scary picking out with only a sample, but we are pleased.

Janna, thank you. Yes, the work....and I tend to be a bit laid back/lazy. God is working on me. :)

Auntie Cake said...

Love the new floor, and the analogy! Good work!
Kate

Hilary said...

Oh lovely.. enjoy! :)

Bina said...

Great looking floor...and beautiful tie in!

I like the way your mind works, lady! :)

Bina

Karen said...

Kate, thanks so much. Why do I always crave icing whenever I see your comments? :)

Hilary, thanks we will/do.

Bina, oh, the mind thing, it's a strange and sometimes crazy thing, huh? Thanks.

Libbie said...

That looks so great ! I love it! No one up here really tiles inside but I LOVE tile! You are sure gonn enjoy that room!

I am sure it was a lot of work but YEAH!!! IT is done!!

Have a good Friday Karen!

Deb said...

Great-looking floor!

So glad that when we get "grody" from being down on the floor, He picks us up and cleans us up.

Again and again.

Sweet dreams.

Karen said...

Libbie, thanks, we already are enjoying it. It's sooo clean. :)

Deb, you are so right, and I am so thankful, too.

Johnnie Alexander said...

The new floor looks great, Karen. And "grody" is a great word! It sounds like what it means.